Looking for that inner librarian through personal experiences, connections, education, and the library profession

Thursday, April 13, 2006

XAMPP

XAMPP is "an easy to install Apache software package. XAMPP includes MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and easy to use once you get the hang of it. For my Digital Libraries class, I installed this software and purchased PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites by Larry Ullman. I followed the examples in the book and was able to create PHP pages, passing them through the MySQL database, getting some impressive results. Unfortunately there was a huge learning curve for me, and since I have SOME HTML knowledge, but not TONS, it took me a while to get the hang of it, but I did, and was rather impressed with my work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home